The Shire Woodstock has been designated a Green Hotel by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and the Vermont Small Business Development Center. We are proud to have adopted a strong environmental policy intended to reduce our impact on the environment.
The Shire Woodstock has a systematic plan in place to reduce our impact on the environment including:
• 135 Photovoltaic panels generating over 42,000 kilowatt hours annually
• Solar hot water generating system that generates over 32000 BTUs of heating capacity annually
• Rain water collection barrels conserving fresh water that is used to irrigate our gardens
• Comprehensive recycling program
• Property-wide water and energy conservation strategies
• Policy on purchasing products with the highest post-consumer content levels
• Eco-friendly cleaning products
• Property-wide single-stream recycling
• Composting tons of yard and landscaping waste annually
• Towel re-use program
• Incentivized participation for team members in civic activities with a focus on green projects and local ecology
Woodstock Village is pure New England with its natural beauty, parkland and trails, historical buildings, and plenty of shops, galleries and eateries to make a walk through the village worth hours of enjoyment. In the surrounding area you will find farmers’ markets, museums, covered bridges, hiking, skiing, hidden Vermont hamlets, and much more.
At The Shire, we believe every trip to Woodstock is special! But to make your stay even better, we’ve created a number of packages and special offers designed to customize your visit. Whether it’s rest and relaxation you seek, local sightseeing or seasonal activities, check back here to see what we have in store.